- Advertisement -
Super easy vegan ground beef mixed with pasta shells and a creamy tomato based sauce.
- 8 Ounces Pasta shells, medium or large
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 Package(16oz.) Beyond beef ground
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1 Can(15oz.) Canned tomato sauce (tomato puree not ketchup)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Vegan cheddar shreds, I used Violife(optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta shells according to package directions, until al dente. Drain when done.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium high. Add the vegan beef, break apart into crumbles with a large spoon or spatula. Brown, reducing heat as needed until the vegan beef is completely brown. It may take 5-7 minutes. Remove the vegan beef from the skillet when done and put in a bowl. Set aside.
- In the same large skillet, heat the vegan butter on medium high and then add the onion and garlic. Saute, reducing heat as needed until the onion is translucent. About 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the flour into the skillet and stir to combine, make sure the butter and flour are fully combined. Simmer for a minute.
- Now add the veggie broth, tomato sauce and coconut cream. Whisk to combine everything and make sure there are no lumps of flour in the sauce.
- Add the Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- Then add the pasta shells and vegan beef. Toss everything together. Turn heat to low.
- Sprinkle in the vegan cheese if using, and stir. Let melt for a minute. Then taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.